Your personal list of must-see routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jon Horton's son is adorable and fearless. Did you see the clips of him jumping from the vault to the pit? So cute! I felt so bad for Jon. Today was not his best, I'm still holding out hope that he makes the Olympic team.

A few of the men's falls were scary to watch. Like everyone else I adore Simone, especially her attitude. Skills wise, her Biles on floor blows me away every time. How can she make every apparatus look so easy?

I was watching on tv, and they showed it...several times. So sccary. Even D gasped!
E missed Yoder's fall, as he had already decided it's too stressful to watch pommel horse! He watched the other vents but stopped watching pommel. So few truly clean pommel routines.

High bar destroyed everybody today. So many falls today, at least five. Lots of gasps in the crowd. Nothing beat the crowd reaction when Alec Yoder fell though. He was the ultimate underdog and everybody was cheering for him. The crowd loved this kid and it was so awesome to see and hear everyone's support. Pommel horse is his best event, so when he got up the crowd was screaming! All eyes were on him, and he was pulling off such a clean, solid routine stacked with difficulty... and then he fell. Literally everyone in the building gasped so loud, and then dead silence. It was very intense. So upsetting because he would've definitely won pommel horse. :(

Being there in person was amazing today. So much excitement and energy.

Between that and Danell Leyva's fall (partial grip lock??) on hi bar, I haven't a nerve left! So glad both of them are OK! But yes, Alec Yoder's routine was so beautiful right up until the end.

Hi bar, what the HECK was up??? So many guys who hit the first day fell on day two. I was really glad Paul Ruggeri got up and redid his release. And even more happy that he gets to go to Worlds and compete instead of as an alternate!

And Stacey Ervin comes home with a floor medal, and even after a very sad fall on his floor dismount, Kiwan Watts takes second all around for the juniors!

I thought Kiwan won his age group?

And Sam! Even with a fall, and other mistakes, just dominated!

Yes, Kiwan won. I don't know what the heck I saw this morning -- maybe I didn't reload or something? But I was really happy when I saw that I was wrong. I just love his gymnastics.

Anyone see Hunter Justus rings crash - just as scary as Alec's and Danell's... Thought they were calling 911 on that one - I guess his grip broke - scary stuff!!! And high bar was a hot mess for many big names...

I just looked up his rings routines from both days and didn't see a crash. Did he fall on another event? He did fall on rings in 2014 at JO's.

Hunter got to redo the routine because of the grip "malfunction" so it might not be readily available online... I wasn't sure what was on TV since he wasn't one of the main guys.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back