Coaches Yurchenko preflight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tweez94

Coach
Hey everyone I have a group of kids hoping to get twisting in a year or less on vault. Problem is their preflights are way too slow so even their layouts aren't rising enough or rotating fast enough just yet. What would everyone's key drills be to spend a few sessions getting these kids turning over faster to the table from the round off. I've worked double lays, and a few arm swing reach back drills but it still seems they need something more to turnover faster to the table. Thanks in advanced, hoping to get these kids starting to twist before they get to college.

Depends on the kid but in general.
slow entries try,
have them try to keep the hurdle down, ribs in, swing narrow arms a little forward and immediately reach down a couple inches (so the arms reach down a little early a few inches, like they are setting down,,,,,, arms up down stop).
Make sure they aren't punching off of the feet during the hurdle (listen for it).
I want the front leg bent going into the roundoff.
Then during the Roundoff, I want the head neutral, not sticking out, this will help to hit the board with bend, then enables more whip.

twisting a somi or like full off? year or less? how old are they if you're readying them for college??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back