Parents 8 weeks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

kaloss

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter has 8 weeks until her first meet, I just registered her last night and for an out of state meet in February (yikes). On our way to the gym tonight, I mentioned when her first meet was and she said,"I don't know mom, what of I fall off the beam?" "If I fall, I will get a deduction."...hearing her tiny voice saying that really hit me. Poor baby is nervous about competing! Wish us luck, this is her first year, competing level 3 and she just turned 6.

Have fun!
Nothing else matters!:)
(Btw, your daughter is adorable!!)

Thanks! I feel better after tonight, she rocked her beam routine and got to pick a prize for the prize bucket! When she's confident, I'm confident! Then she showed me her routine when we got home and I think it looked good. :)

Mine is a 6 year old lvl 3 as well. She had her first meet a couple of weeks ago. It was our first experience with meets so I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully, even though it was a state qualifier it seemed really laid back. At least for our level. Our compulsory girls compete AAU which from what I understand, is a little more forgiving. I saw a few falls on both beam and bars (that dreaded mill circle got several girls) but everyone seemed to take it in stride. DD made all of her skills (except the ROBHS which she didn't do because she didn't have it yet) but she tends to struggles with form as "straight and tight" just seem foreign to her :-) Anyway, she had tons of fun even though she placed last in her division :-)

I'm sure your DD will be just fine. Just continue to assure her that you are super proud of her regardless! Best wishes. Can't wait to hear all about it !

Our meet mantra.....HAVE FUN! Hopefully her coach will keep her busy once she gets there doing warm-ups that she won't have time to be nervous once she's there! Your daughter is a cutie-when mine was that little, she had fun at the meet because she wasn't expecting the goodie bag they got, really made the whole thing worth it for her that first time out! Then she knew what to expect and couldn't wait for the next meet-we still have that t-shirt!

aawww - how sweet!
there will be beam falls - but they just get back up.
i mentioned to coach when my 6 yr old was that lvl - "hey, she's staying on the beam". coach said, "yes, but too bad she forgetting parts of the routine". hahaha.

best wishes on your very 1st meet! the L3's are an adorable & determined bunch.

Well, falls happen. Just tell her it's not the end of the world. If she falls, she just need to get back on the beam, and finish her routine.
My DD's very first meet, she fell off the bars twice! And both times she just jumped back on and kept going. Of course she got a very low score, and like the last place, but she also got the judges award for "never gave up". :)
So, as long as she keeps going and tries her best, the judges appreciate it.

Good luck to her! And most important, have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back