Parents Age at state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks everyone for all your responses!! I definitely know that the age groups change dramatically between meets (specially for the youngest girls). I was just honestly curious if there was some sort of sanctioned regulation for state specifically.

And y'all are right, her scores will be her scores regardless of what age group she's in (I mean we have a girl on our team who is younger than DD and she's amazing, always gets 1st thru 3rd at every meet, every event).
It's just refreshing to know most parents are just confused as I am :)

I was looking at the USAG book of rules (or whatever it's called) and it actually states that a gymnast will compete in the same age group for the whole season, which makes me even more confused because that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Anyway, DD still has some work to do to make it to state, she got her best AA score so far yesterday and she's just that much closer! She's much more motivated now as well, I don't think she fully even understood how to qualify for state until I talked to her about it yesterday.....but she's excited she knows what she needs to work on, and she's proud of her self as it is, so that's what matters most anyway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back