Anon Am i too old to make it to college gymnastics?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous (1d0a)
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (1d0a)

I am a 14 year old gymnast that is a silver and almost a gold. I am worried that I won’t be able to do what I always wanted and go do collage gymnastics, but I’m too old for my level. I am just wondering if I should not continue gymnastics because it’s unrealistic dream or if I might have a chance if I keep on working hard like I do and make it to collage gymnastics?

You are not too old for your level! If you love gymnastics, I encourage you to continue on! You will not be able to compete as an NCAA athlete with your current trajectory but you for sure will have other opportunities to pursue gymnastics in college if you want. A lot of schools have a club team which will offer the ability to train, compete and travel to meets.

If gymnastics is something that you enjoy doing, you should continue with it regardless of potential for the future. There is the possibility of college club gymnastics or maybe a spirit team. My kid, who was an Xcel platinum, ended up choosing a college without a club team and decided to try out for the cheerleading team. She loves being part of a team and doing something different. She is now a flyer which is very fun. I love seeing all the new stunting skills that she is getting. She loves going to the UCA cheer college nationals comp in Orlando and doing the conference cheer comp where she gets to do her tumbling skills as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back