Parents Another BIG bump....

• Thread starter Thread starter starmaker
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
S

starmaker

on our rollercoaster ride!!!

As most of you know Liv has been training for her TOPS testing just 2 weeks away and this week her TOPs coach up and leaves. Doesn't give warning, notification nothing....just up and leaves.

DD was devasted to say the least! She sobbed and cried for a good 24 hours. It's just one of those things you know CAN happen in this sport but just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't happen to your kid.

Last Friday they evaluated the girls to determine who will actually attend the first test that also happens to be an elite qualifier. Out of 7 girls only Olivia was ready!

On monday she doesn't show up and tuesday they break the news to the tops girls.

Gym owner still promises that practices will not be interupted and Olivia WILL attend the test. Tomorrow we have a meeting to discuss future coaches and such.

It's time like this that make being a gym parent so tough. As a parent you are always trying to make the right decisions, provide your kids with the best opportunity and you just never know what the future holds. This coach made many promises to my daughter and she broke all of them. She called her, her favorite gymnast(and this woman does not give compliments). Now HC is making many promises that I really hope she keeps because it's not fair to DD.

So as of right now we will wait and see how things work out. And hopefully this "trauma" won't affect Liv much longer.

Oh that is so touhg on such a little girl. I really hope the gym can pull it together for Olivia and she can test next week.

Tough on everyone when people just leave.

That sucks. Abby just lost another coach, too and it is so hard for them. Part of life, but still hard lessons.

Hope that Liv gets to go to testing and that she rocks!!

Poor livy. Lots of Hugs and tell to go Rock at Tops next week.

Oh poor kid! Tough to have a coach leave in any situation--much less with no notice like that. I hope everything is okay with the coach and her family.

Bumps will be smoothed out!

'Liv is such a strong gymnast! She will be fine I am sure. Good thing kids are resilient. Good luck to her at TOPS testing! That is so exciting. Please let us know how she does.:)

Thank you all for all your support. Liv had TOPS today with the gym owner. A new coach will start next week. I hope she's as aggressive as her previous coach.

I will let you guys now how she does at her first test. She will be testing 3 times this summer. Hopefully, she will pull it off.

Well, that really stinks ! Pretty awful of that coach. Good Luck to Liv, bet she does great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back