WAG AT&T Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
D

Deleted member 18037

Having never been to such a large gymnastic event, live.

What can we expect? How long a day? Are there sessions? Breaks. Etc.....

Any and all information welcome.

We went a couple years ago in Greensboro. I think it was around 3 hours for the actual competition, maybe a little longer. It is just one session. No long breaks. Men and Women compete at the same time. And all events go on at the same time but they do stagger them so that there is only 1 or 2 gymnasts going literally at the same moment. I think this is more for the TV crews. And speaking of which, It was really cool to watch all the camera/tv aspects. You don't really get the extent of what goes into taping for these events until you are there in the arena watching the crew move all around.

It is just one session. No long breaks. Men and Women compete at the same time. And all events go on at the same time but they do stagger them so that there is only 1 or 2 gymnasts going literally at the same moment.

The competition should last from 11:30am-3:00pm. The events do NOT go all at the same time, please see the post that was linked :)

The competition should last from 11:30am-3:00pm. The events do NOT go all at the same time, please see the post that was linked :)
sorry, maybe I was thinking the nastia cup? We went to both the same year. But I remember the girls being at different events at the same time because I remember seeing them having to wait (sometimes for a long time) until the girl at the other event finished before being able to go. But now thinking about his many girls are in the American cup, it had to be the nastia.

Girls had a great time. Loved seeing Gabby IRL.

My first time seeing high level gymnastics live. Very close to Men's bar. Don't know how all you parents do it, scared me for each of them and I am not their mom.............. Oy

My first time seeing high level gymnastics live. Very close to Men's bar. Don't know how all you parents do it, scared me for each of them and I am not their mom.............. Oy

Glad they had fun! I watched it on TV. The television coverage was frustrating. There was way to much talking and to few routines!

I enjoy watching the men but I felt so bad for Sam. He was not at his best today.

Glad they had fun! I watched it on TV. The television coverage was frustrating. There was way to much talking and to few routines!

I enjoy watching the men but I felt so bad for Sam. He was not at his best today.
My girl said it was great no commercials. :D

And they had a handstand contest before awards lol :D

I was there with my team right across from the beginning of the vault runway. The seats were decent and provided us with an awesome straight on view down the length of the beam. Great to see that angle in person. I was watching every foot and hand placement. The techniques are all so different.

High bar kicked everyone's butt today. It was rough. Ryohei Kato was the only one to stay on! And the poor Brazilians! :( Both athletes had a really tough day. Lots of falls. Aside from high bar, Donnell was incredible as usual. That rings routine always makes me dumbfounded, and his Dragalescu vault! Insane.

My seven year old Xcel Silver girl was selected for the handstand contest, too. She was the one in the black and red Aero Flyers warm up jacket. It was cute and exciting, even though she was like the second one to fall out of her handstand, haha. Oh well!

PS - @Deleted member 18037, I'm jealous of your seats next to uneven bars/high bar; those are my favorite events to watch! All the girls' parents were terrified watching high bar today. I was just laughing the whole time at their reactions. Gasps every two seconds!

My girl said it was great no commercials. :D

And they had a handstand contest before awards lol :D
They showed the start of the handstand contest but we were walking out the door. I went to a Level 4 boys meet with a friend and her son won the handstand contest. His prize was a "throwback medal" that a world champion won as a young boy. His mom and I were way more impressed than he was.

PS - @Deleted member 18037, I'm jealous of your seats next to uneven bars/high bar; those are my favorite events to watch! All the girls' parents were terrified watching high bar today. I was just laughing the whole time at their reactions. Gasps every two seconds!

Even my girl went, Mom boys bar was scary.

And yep Brazil did not have a good day.

I have to say, being a girl, raising a girl gymmie, I have not seen much men's gymnastics but OMG new found respect. Those guys rock it. And beyond cut.

New meaning to if gymnastics were easy it would be called football, lol

youtube has over 3 hours on there....yes my child watched it all...I went in and out....some of the men's floor routines made me weak in the knees, let alone the bars....:eek::eek:

We must have been close to you! We were between the two bar sets. It was much more fun then I thought it would be. I'm not sure who had more fun, mom's or the girls. Watching the men was scary, I thought watching the girls was bad. My whole body hurt watching them, but it is seriously impressive what they can do. The high bar was crazy to watch!

So jealous of all that were able to attend and glad you had a great time! We didn't even get it on tv here, college basketball is apparently more important :mad: Hoping to watch on Youtube today.

Why didn't Maggie do her Amanar? I didn't watch the videos but thought I read she did a double (same as Gabby). Were they just holding the vault back for both of them since it is early in the season?

So many great American gymnasts ... so few Olympic slots. :( It's going to be interesting to see who gets left off the team.

Why didn't Maggie do her Amanar? I didn't watch the videos but thought I read she did a double (same as Gabby). Were they just holding the vault back for both of them since it is early in the season?
I was wondering about this as well. I'm sure there is most likely a strategic reason for it.

Given that Maggie is having to pike down to land her double, I am happy she is not trying to attempt and extra half twist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back