Back from States - happy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well over all the team did fairly well. We had beam for first event and the whole team had issues and were falling off only one even placed on beam but then the got them selves together and did well on the rest of the meet.

My DD I think considering everything over the past year did really well we are very proud of her

Her scores

Vault 9.0 (her first on vault ever) - 6th place

Bars 9.275 - 2nd (the 1st place person only beat her with a 9.3 so close) this was the best ever result as that was the event the old gym said she wasn't even close to competing - She beat out their top girl who place lower than she did.

Beam 8.0 (miss connection and fell on it wasn't her worst score but she felt bad)

Floor 9.075 - 10th place

AA - 35.35 - 8th place (placed in the top 10 which was her goal - WTG) Too bad according to old gym the girl has no gymnastics skills LOL - Who is laughing now!!

Team placed 7th with a 107.125 - got a trophy - they went out to 7th place - not bad out of 26 gyms in the state.

Over all the owner and coaches were really happy with the results for a 1st year L4 team (my dd did compete L7 last year but not all events).

WTG to you DD. And way to really show her old gym that she does have SKILLS..lol. Wonder how that crow is tasting today?...lol. Sounds like over all she had a great meet. And the team did well too. WTG to all the girls

Congratulations! Good for her getting that first nine on vault. Fantastic bar score! I'm jealous! Pity about falling on beam, but it sounds like she turned out just fine. Way to show her old gym!

Congrats to her glad she had a good meet. They are really good scores for States. Everything sounds like it is turning out well since she switched gyms I bet you are glad that you made the move.

Congrats to her glad she had a good meet. They are really good scores for States. Everything sounds like it is turning out well since she switched gyms I bet you are glad that you made the move.

I can't even explain how glad we are and how so much happier she is. It was the best thing we could have done for her and she just has so much more confidence and her skills are just so much better in just this short years time.

How awesome for her and her team! It sounds like the switch was well worth it. Amazing how a gymnast can improve when someone believes in her. Congrats to her for a strong state meet!

NICE!! :applause:
Success is the best revenge.
Congrats to you for doing the right thing for your dd by taking her away from the old gym and finding a gym that believed in her.
And Congrats to your dd for believing in herself, working hard, and achieving her goals.
It must feel awesome!!

LOL I don't know if she did or not but they couldn't miss her standing on the podium getting the medals since each coach had to go over and put the medals around their gymnasts neck. DD was standing right there and so where some of theirs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back