WAG Back Tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
So I recently got over my mental block in my back tuck. I had it last season and it was very high, but then I got injured and stopped practicing it. Now, I can do a RO BHS BT which is what I had a block on, and a standing tuck. But the problem is that I don’t really set in my back tucks. They used to be super high but now they are kind of low. I am also throwing my head back. I feel like this is mostly a mental issue, but even when I don’t feel scared, my back tuck feels chucked and forced. And when I try to go up, I still don’t get as high as before. My rebound out of my back handspring is super high, but my tuck is really low. I am trying to set, and I have a good set, just now when I throw my tuck. How can I fix this?

I'd have to see a video to be sure, but whatever the issue is, there's a 90% chance my solution would be to do a bazillion back tucks on trampoline and focus on visual cues. See the wall when you take off, see the knees as they go over top, see the trampoline before you land.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back