Parents Bored to tears

• Thread starter Thread starter Jroberson
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
J

Jroberson

I am over seas working for a while and I am bored to death. I can't wait to get back to my family and get right back in the middle of Gymnastics, T-ball, and dance. I remember being so tired of driving around to do all the different activities for my kids. Now that I have alot of time to do nothing, I want nothing more than to be at home over-worked with no time and not enough money! lol

I feel for you, being away from family is really hard. I can only guess you are doing all the usual skype type things. But realistically you can only stay in touch so much and what you really need is stuff to keep you busy whilst you have no choice but to be away.

Any hobbies you feel like picking up, or an urge to join a gym and get fit as a special gist to the family!

I suppose the good thing is that you really appreciate all that you have a home and that can only be a plus. DO the family get to come out to visit?

yep

The family definitely does not want to visit the country I am in, and I wouldn't want them here. Its way too dangerous. I do go to them gym 5 nights a week, I plan on looking like John Cena when I get home. I am sure my wife will appreciate that! lol I read and try to stay busy but time still finds a way to leave me bored. I do get to skype and see the family but its not the same as wrapping your arms around them! Thanks for listening.

I can only imagine, being alone at night when you are used to family surrounding you can be very isolating. Hope you are in a safe situation.

Hope you are safe. I can understand what you and your family are going thru...my son just got home from a year in Afghanistan and most of the time he didn't have access to skype, email orcell phone use. It was definitely hard on everyone. I hope you are home soon!!

My surrogate son, I was his nanny for many years, just arrived in Afganistan last week. He did a tour in Iraq two years back. I spend a lot of time thinking about his safety.

Keep strong, stay safe.

I am over seas working for a while and I am bored to death. I can't wait to get back to my family and get right back in the middle of Gymnastics, T-ball, and dance. I remember being so tired of driving around to do all the different activities for my kids. Now that I have alot of time to do nothing, I want nothing more than to be at home over-worked with no time and not enough money! lol
Any time you need you talk Usually up! Waiting to hear from my daughter who is in monaco! She was supposed to come home Thursday not sure when now She has only been there since june 6th! Like you I just want to put my arms around her! Stay strong be safe and Godspeed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back