WAG Cast to straddle handstand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Mango Tango

Gymnast
Does anyone have any tips on keeping my arms straight in my cast to handstand. I have enough arm strength but once I cast my arms are completely bent. I’ve done many drills to get the leaning over, casting, straddling, and pressing on my shoulders. This is very frustrating, please help!! ❤️❤️

I haven’t started working on those yet but for over horizontal cast, it really comes from the shoulders is how I think about it. Really work on compressing your shoulders instead of arms. Hope that makes sense!

Does anyone have any tips on keeping my arms straight in my cast to handstand.

Work spotted straight body casting with a coach. The coach will be able to take you through the right positions so you can feel it. After that... you just have to do it. Good luck!

I thought you had to open your shoulders? I actually find I have trouble opening my shoulders both my my press handstand exercises and in my cast handstand exercises.
My coach says you have to lean over with your shoulders, get your hips up into a piked position, straddle, then press in your shoulders (with them open ofc)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back