Parents Checklist

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Reaction score
(I originally posted this in the 2006/2007 thread by mistake, because I was fried, so am reposting here...)

Alarm set?
Check!
Child waking you up before alarm goes off because of excitement about meet day?
Check! (grumble)
Breakfast?
Check!
Nutritious?
Not really...but at least it went down.
Mini hair salon that leads to swearing in another language by stylist mom who has no style?
CHECK!!
Leo and uniform?
Check (thank GOD)
Snacks for child for downtime of which there is always a lot of at some point in the game?
Chex (the salty yummy mix, my girl does not do sugar)
Patience?
Check check and keep checking yourself
Cash for meet entry?
Expletive!
ATM?
YEP!
Horrible viewing area?
Check (sighhhhhh...)
Hard seats?
C-H-E-C-K
Sore backside?
Heck.
Valium for parents who have to watch this heinous sport?
Nyet!
Excedrin?
You bet!
Food eaten in the car on the long drive home?
Check-a-roni
DH having a beer?
Becks, and make that 2
In bed with a chocolate bar and glad to be done?
HECK YEAH!!

For those about to rock the gym floor, I salute you. And for all the parents out there, I hope you pack your headache medicine...:);):confused::cool::p:D:rolleyes:o_O

My favorite meet this year was Level 7 Regionals in Colorado. They sold beer at concessions!
My husband wants to ho to that meet.

We have a meet near a friends house this year. There has been talk of tail gating :D:rolleyes::eek:

I went to a meet where there was a bar set up in the lobby. It was great. Friendliest and most relaxed bunch of parents I've ever met.

Especially when you consider the meet was 3 days, started at 7am warm up and finished gone 9pm :)

Ok- Tailgated. Someone explain please.

Does it have something to do with cars?

Yes.. typically before football games, people get there hours early. They grill, eat, drink before the game at their cars...or on their "tailgates." Lots of fun!

Ok, so it does have a different meaning.

Tailgating in the UK is following the car in front too closely in an annoying and dangerous fashion.

I had a mental image of you all driving around one behind the other!

Not so much fun :p

Yes , you have drinks and refreshments, hang out prior to entering the venue.

It's typically thought of as a football thing, where it gets quite elaborate, think campers, large screen TVs huge bars and grills. It has carried over to other sports and concerts. My brother went to a Jimmy Buffet concert this summer,never made it into the concert.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_yl...F-8&fr=yfp-hrtab-901&fp=1&p=tailgating+images

Yes.. typically before football games, people get there hours early. They grill, eat, drink before the game at their cars...or on their "tailgates." Lots of fun!
Well that's definitely an American thing! Here in Australia we just go and find the closest coffee shop or pub to hang out, depending how early in the day the competition is. The pub is more an after comp thing though!

I've never seen alcohol at a competition here either. Your lucky if they sell half decent coffee and a sausage on bread....

tailgating02.jpg

Well that's definitely an American thing! Here in Australia we just go and find the closest coffee shop or pub to hang out, depending how early in the day the competition is. The pub is more an after comp thing though!

I've never seen alcohol at a competition here either. Your lucky if they sell half decent coffee and a sausage on bread....

We typically just sit at the meet, or go eat dinner during warm ups if time. The one time i "tailgated" I sat in a van with my friend and we drank a mixed drink for a few minutes and went in. Wasn't that exciting....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back