Parents Come on Already

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

z2akids

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Ugh. DD's first meet of the season is a small meet about an hour away the weekend before Christmas. Honestly, I am not sure what possessed this gym to schedule a week before Christmas or what possessed HC to think it was a great idea. But, the dye is cast and we are going.

Now, if only the host gym could post the schedule. I have come to terms with meet schedules not giving much notice and having to basically put every other weekend from Jan-March on hold. I made arrangements way back in September to have off all of the meet weekends (I work every other or every 3rd weekend). But honestly. This is a small meet and it is the weekend before Christmas. I have 3 parties, theater tickets and DH's family gathering all waiting to rsvp for until this schedule comes out. I am on the verge of telling HC that DD will not be attending.

The host gym is alienating parents the longer they take to get the schedule out. While HC is the one who makes the schedule, I am guessing she is aware of how our team parents are feeling at this point.

Thanks for reading. I needed to give voice to my frustration. I know the schedule will come soon. I just REALLY need to schedule the rest of our holidays.

ROFL . We have a meet on the 10th, and do not have a schedule yet.

Ugh. I totally feeel your pain. The meet we usually attend is that weekend and their schedule has been out for a while.

God forbid this gym is another week in getting out the schedule. If so, I may just have to schedule our weekend and hope that the meet can fit in. Usually it doesnt matter, but cold February weekends are not nearly as jam packed as the weekend before Christmas.

This is not something that usually frustrates me. But, we are well past the registration and scratch deadlines. They are only running 1 gym. I know that I don't have a grasp on the intricacies of scheduling meets. But, at some point they are shooting themselves in the foot for next year. No matter how fun the theme, this isnt an elite qualifier. (and DD is only a L4 even if it were). There are plenty of other meets in December to choose from.

Anyway, I get to vent here, so I can be calm, unconcerned mom at gym drop off. lol

Lol, I get preliminary meet schedules early only if a certain other team is going too. They have their parents scratch online, so they post the schedules as they get them.
Just got our schedule for Dec. 10 this morning (though I could have gotten it last week sometime if I had checked). 4 session meet. L3 Awards are gonna suck (70+ gymnasts and families in a room with 100 chairs ... If we are lucky).

Same for us. We are supposed to have the schedule 2 weeks in advance, but the host gym has not released it yet.

OP- I think 3 weeks is the earliest we have ever received it. Has the deadline for registering passed?

Same for us. We are supposed to have the schedule 2 weeks in advance, but the host gym has not released it yet.

OP- I think 3 weeks is the earliest we have ever received it. Has the deadline for registering passed?

Like I said, I am used to late schedules, but this week is just a terrible weekend to have to keep completely open. But, we usually get schedules 3-4 weeks out. Registration/refund deadlines are usually 5-6 weeks before the meets in our area. This meet's deadline was more than 2 weeks ago.

I think I know the meet you're going to. If you go to the host gym's website, I believe you'll find the session schedule posted there on the page dedicated to the meet.

I think I know the meet you're going to. If you go to the host gym's website, I believe you'll find the session schedule posted there on the page dedicated to the meet.

nope. i have been looking. nothing yet.

Ugh. DD's first meet of the season is a small meet about an hour away the weekend before Christmas. Honestly, I am not sure what possessed this gym to schedule a week before Christmas or what possessed HC to think it was a great idea. But, the dye is cast and we are going.

Now, if only the host gym could post the schedule. I have come to terms with meet schedules not giving much notice and having to basically put every other weekend from Jan-March on hold. I made arrangements way back in September to have off all of the meet weekends (I work every other or every 3rd weekend). But honestly. This is a small meet and it is the weekend before Christmas. I have 3 parties, theater tickets and DH's family gathering all waiting to rsvp for until this schedule comes out. I am on the verge of telling HC that DD will not be attending.

The host gym is alienating parents the longer they take to get the schedule out. While HC is the one who makes the schedule, I am guessing she is aware of how our team parents are feeling at this point.

Thanks for reading. I needed to give voice to my frustration. I know the schedule will come soon. I just REALLY need to schedule the rest of our holidays.
Hope they don't see your post...

Hope they don't see your post...

Would you mind explaining this? I feel I missed something.

I just see a genuine frustration due to the busy time of year and the fact other people are waiting on decisions .

Maybe the host gym need to understand that this time of year is so busy and stressful for families that it would help if they got the schedule out further ahead than for a different time of year.

Is there something else I am not seeing?

Would you mind explaining this? I feel I missed something.

I just see a genuine frustration due to the busy time of year and the fact other people are waiting on decisions .

Maybe the host gym need to understand that this time of year is so busy and stressful for families that it would help if they got the schedule out further ahead than for a different time of year.

Is there something else I am not seeing?
Writing "what possessed the HC to think it was a good idea'" is the same as saying telling someone "why would you do such a stupid thing". It's just an unnecessary insult .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back