WAG compulsory music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, yes I hear it in that music. Also, can't imagine hearing that one over and over. Wow on that kid's performance though!
I see why they gave her that score, but she made a few mistakes--her foot was not in the right place on her turn, and she had a little foot mishap, and something a little off on her BHS, but she is definitely too rigid. You can see where the routine was supposed to be more flowing and graceful. But here is what I was talking about before, that if the rigid, soldier routines get the highest scores, what is everyone going to end up doing? Make their routines as rigid and tight as possible. And then the artistry is lost. When they get to optionals, they don't know how to do a more expressive and artistic and graceful floor routine. I think Valeri was the one who wanted to bring back dance to gymnastics, even in compulsories.

But the memories this brought back..... I had 2 gymnasts do this level at 2 different times. I was fortunate to have to survive 2 seasons of burlesque music!

I love hearing what other countries inflict on their gymnasts, coaches and parents as compulsory music.

This seems to be Australia's most hated compulsory music. Many gyms can not handle the whistling so at competitions you hear the alternative music many many times and this one only from the occasional club.

Edited..l I could not get the video to work. But there is whistling throughout, which probably says it all.

Reactions: sce
I love hearing what other countries inflict on their gymnasts, coaches and parents as compulsory music.

This seems to be Australia's most hated compulsory music. Many gyms can not handle the whistling so at competitions you hear the alternative music many many times and this one only from the occasional club.

Edited..l I could not get the video to work. But there is whistling throughout, which probably says it all.

I'm trying really hard NOT to imagine this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back