Parents crazy week at gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
You just never know what is going to happen from day to day in the gym. My gymie has had a crazy week she was recovering from a sinus infection earlier in the week. Monday she went to practice could not make her backwalker on high beam (she has had this skill for a while). Tuesday I get a call for hubbie that she is not going to practice she has a headjust jache and stomach aches now she has been on antibotics for a few days so I am wondering what is going on. Meanwhile her regular coaches all leave town for the visa championships. I tell her Wenesday she has to go to practice she comes home to tell me her flyaway is out of control and she can not land it she has also had this for a while . Thursday she has one of her old coache who she does not do well with she come home to tell me she was yelling at her to do an ariel which she has not done in a whil and tells me she landed funny her ankle hurts. Today I just tell her go to practi just do what you can . At this point I am just hoping to get her through the week until her regular coaches come home. She comes out of practice she had one of the parttime coaches who she likes announces that she finally got her roundoff hs bt. She has struggled with this all summer ! She had it briefly in the winter before her injury. She can not wait to show her coaches wh en they come home. She also. Made her BWO onbeam. And fixed her flyaway!

I'm glad to hear that the week ended up good with dd getting her skills back!!! The thing that we often forget as parents is that kids will lose and regain skills here and there from the simple fact that they are growing. Even the slightest change in height or weight can throw a gymnast off to the point where it feels weird, or they just can't explain why they can't do the skill anymore. Some kids can grow a couple inches in a summer and have no problems with adjusting to skills and others grow 1/4 of an inch and suddenly that has thrown their gymnastics game off--it varies for everyone.

Congrats to your dd for working through everything!!

Sorry to hear she had a bad week. We also go thru this time to time. We issed nearly two weeks w/dive team stuff and vacation only for DD to get sick right before going back to gym this past Monday. Had to take some more time off because when she is sick and not feeling well she really gets run down. Maybe your gymmie needs some "off" time to recover. Sometimes w/Sinus infections their balance is thrown off and they fatigue easy. Meds always make my DD feel sick to her stomach and it is hard to condition the whole time she is taking them too. Glad to hear the end of week went a little better and hope she has the weekend off to catch up on some strength and rest. My DD's coach has been at Visa's this week too and they've been enjoying some "playtime" this week. I am trying now to check out video's to see the judges because DD's coach is a beam judge & we are wondering if she is working the meet or just watching, LOL

That's so sweet! Sometimes being faced with adversity seems to somehow cause the gymnast to elevate their "game" and make have some pretty amazing accomplishments.

Sounds like a rollercoaster week for sure.

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

I hate when they have sinus infections, --it's hard enough balancing and flipping when you feel good! Glad she is feeling better and having successful practices :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back