Parents Cute or overconfident?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
My six-year-old Level 3 daughter finally decided that she wanted to watch her state meet videos. As we were between videos I asked her, "Sweetie, when did you know you had a good chance to win the all-around?" She replied, "I knew as soon as we got to the gym, Daddy."Is that cute or too overconfident?

I love it!! My daughter is the same way! She wrote her coach a note before state meet that said something like I'll be thanking you when I'm on first place. She's 10 and has always been that way. And doesn't get too upset if she doesn't place well, only when she doesn't do her best.
Btw, she did get first place :)

That's some serious shot calling right there!

That's how an athlete is supposed to be! She's confident in her ability to place well. She'll have days where she doesn't win and it'll be humbling but motivation. My little one knows she can win, and won't show it, but I know it eats her up when she's not at the top of the podium in All-Around, no matter how awesome I tell her she did.

It's important to know you can win. It's also important to know you can lose. If you think you're going to win just for showing up, that's when you have a problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back