WAG Disappointed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
So I posted before that I was getting a level 3 squad next year but it was never a definite thing, she needed to check with another coach to see if she wanted the squad and then the head of state stream had to pick who was going to coach the squad. Unfortunately the other girl got the squad as she is already coaching them (the group is currently 1 large group with 2 coaches swapping to two smaller groups with one coach each). While this is fair enough and I understand why she chose the other girl - she was also a higher level gymnast than me so probably a better coach. The only reason I'm annoyed is that she only joined the club fairly recently where as I have been here for years. Hopefully I can get a different squad as the gym because otherwise i'll have to find another job which i'm really not keen on.

Don't get too worried yet. Who knows, maybe this other gal doesn't really care that much about coaching, and is doing it because she thinks it easy, which may be true........in another 20 years.:eek:

It is unfortunate that you did not get the squad you wanted, but in the adult world especially in the coaching world. How long you have been around won't determine what work you get. The gym will go for the most experienced person even if they walked in the door yesterday.

if you did not reach a high level in gym yourself I suggest you do everything in your power to learn as much as you can. Why not sit in on classes with experienced coaches and observe and learn.

Aussie Coach - I understand why she got it over me, I was just a little disappointed, recently I have been coaching along side other coaches - the thing with our gym is that its a very community based gym in that not a lot of the coaches are in it for the long haul - it is more a high school/uni job and then a lot of us move on. I understand the whole we are putting the best person up for the job and the girl that got it is an awesome coach so I'm really happy for the girls I was just a little upset but its all good, maybe next year I'll have more time to train :P

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back