Parents Does it come together?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Okay, so I got an opportunity to watch the new Level 4 floor routine on Youtube before it got pulled. DD turns 7 in a month, and is slated to compete the new level 4 in the spring. And all I can think of is how in the heck is this little girl going to do the dance in this routine? She did take Jazz and Ballet this year for first grade, and based on watching her and them, it's way beyond the skill of any of the kids her age taking dance. Not all of it, because there are certainly parts of it I am sure she can handle. But, there is a dance leap combination pass that looks very difficult. So I guess my question is, do the seven year olds typically struggle with some of the dance elements? I haven't seen her try anything, I don't even think they are working on it yet, But the tumbling seems much more doable for a seven year old than the dance? Any words of assurance that it all comes together?

My 7 year old was dance challenged. I feel like the older girls tended to do the choreography better then the little girls. Mine needed private lessons for choreography but the more they work it the better it looked.

Lol it does seem incredible how it comes together. It seems for every new level I thought "how is she going to remember where to go and what to do" in such a short time cause it seemed like they would learn it with the competition season just around the corner. But I can tell you that in all the years and new routines dd has learned her floor routines by competition season ( she is training level 9). Best wishes and hope she has fun learning the routines :).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back