Gymnasts Excel Gold Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Can somebody please give me an example of a tumbling pass for exel gold with no back tucks or front tucks, because I generally don't know if I can make it without a tuck. And can somebody also give me an example of a excel bar routine without a high bar kip ( idk if I spelt excel wrong but whatevers )

Tumbling passes without tucks are (reminder: you will need elements forwards/sideways and backwards)

rbh
roundoff roundoff
fhs step to roundoff
fhs step to fhs
side aerial
front aerial

For bars, you can replace a high bar kip with a long hang pullover (or do two connected back hip circles on low bar, without the need to do circling elements on high bar)

While these can still fufill the USAG requirements for gold, each gym may have seperate requirements for what they want in xcel gold.

Not super sure about floor, as I competed a front pike actually. And then a fhs stepout ro.
Bars:
kip cast 2xbhs cast squat on jump to hb tap swings half-turn or flyaway.

You can actually do round off back handspring and round off back handspring back handspring as your two passes in gold. From hand spring round off and aerial are other options as mentioned above.

Tumbling passes without tucks are (reminder: you will need elements forwards/sideways and backwards)

rbh
roundoff roundoff
fhs step to roundoff
fhs step to fhs
side aerial
front aerial

For bars, you can replace a high bar kip with a long hang pullover (or do two connected back hip circles on low bar, without the need to do circling elements on high bar)

While these can still fufill the USAG requirements for gold, each gym may have seperate requirements for what they want in xcel gold.
You do NOT "need elements forwards/sideways and backwards" in Xcel Gold (or even Platinum).
We have had several girls who did not do back tumbling at all in Xcel.

For bars, on low bar, you could do a front hip circle or a middle circle in addition to a single back hip circle for the second circling element if you don't have a kip, long hang pullover, or uprise to get on top of the high bar. You could also do a jump to front support on the high bar (on a narrower bar setting) ... that's how some of our girls do it.

For floor, you can do rbhs, front handspring step out round off, front hangsprimg step out front handspring step out, aerials, and some girls did dive cartwheels into a round off.

On bars, you could do a double bhc, front hip circle, or mill circle. You could also do a long hang pullover or squat on circle to fulfill the double circling elements. If you want to get up on the high bar, I would suggest a uprise or long hang pullover.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back