Parents Floor Bar Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Scream4IceCream

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter has a wooden floor bar that she never uses because it slips. Does anyone know of a tape with a grip-like texture I could attach to the bottom of it?

Also, any ideas for cast handstand drills she could do on it at home would be appreciated. Thanks!

I put down a mat that we also use in the bathroom underneath the bath mat. I think it's called an anti slip mat? I just put part of one under each end of the floor bar but you could also just put a whole mat under it. On our tiles it works wonders.

I put down a mat that we also use in the bathroom underneath the bath mat. I think it's called an anti slip mat? I just put part of one under each end of the floor bar but you could also just put a whole mat under it. On our tiles it works wonders.
Oh, that’s smart! Thanks!

On a sidenote, I'd personally still be very hesitant about handstand drills on a hard surface floor / without help.
She’d only use it on carpet or a panel mat with something to balance against or a crash mat to go over on.

Also, any ideas for cast handstand drills she could do on it at home would be appreciated. Thanks!
can she press handstand?
I'm far from an expert, I'm working on my cast handstand myself and I'm not a coach or anything. Here's some things I know of.
- Holding handstands on the floor bar against a wall or sth. Focus on open shoulders, tight core (not arched), pushing out through shoulders.
- If she can: press handstand on the floor bar.
- from kneeling position (as in both knees on ground) jump to handstand
- Some form of pike drag ups maybe?

However, make sure not to overtrain. She's probably already putting in more than enough time for this at the gym.

My favorite drill was starting in a push up position with your shins on a therapy ball and your hands gripping the bar, then lean forward and lift your hips and legs to a handstand as if you were pressing. This is assuming you can get it to stop slipping.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Mo-Salto Club

Back