Parents Fractured growth plate recovery time?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Hi - have any of you dealt with a type 1 growth plate fracture of the left radius? Yesterday was my daughter's first day of summer training and her hand slipped off the beam during a bhs and here we are. We're in a temp cast now, awaiting our appointment with our pediatric sports ortho later this week. I'm finding a wide range of recovery times online and would love any real life experiences. Thanks all.

I actually fractured my growth plate in my radius on a backhand on beam as well. I think it depends on the severity of the fracture but they originally told me it was 2weeks with a cast but offer speaking with on orthopaedic surgeon they put me in a cast for 4weeks. After 4weeks I was good to go I had no pain and was fully 100%. They did talk to me about gymnasts wrist which is a common thing I guess. If your daughters having any pain in her other wrist I would recommend getting that on x-rayed as well just cause I guess a lot of gymnasts separate there growth plates and they go undiagnosed due to them slowly separating over time. Might as get the other one checked at the same time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back