WAG Giant Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnast28

Gymnast
Reaction score
So recently I feel like I have forgotten how to do a giant. I’ve been competing giants for about 3years now. 2 practices ago my giants were feeling a bit off in the sense of my one hand felt like it was kind of trailing behind when I was switching my wrists. After doing a few more turns like this I did a super scary one where it felt like my hands got stuck and never switched so I closed my shoulders and ended up landing on the bar and flying off. After that I tried to scrape the bar of extra chalk to see if that would help and it felt like it did. I did one more and then had to get off bars due to another group coming. The next practice they felt a bit weird still but I was making them around and it was getting better. Now I came to training today and I didn’t make any, and I ended up crashing the same way I did the other day. I have no idea what’s happening I feel like I forget how to arch tap and switch my grip. This is something that’s always been second nature to me and then I’ve never really had to think about. It feels like the twisties but with giants if that makes sense. It doesn’t seem to fit the description of a typical “mental block” but that’s kind of what it feels like to me. I don’t understand this is a basic skill and when I’m getting ready to go I have no idea what my turns going to look like or what I should be doing. I’m so lost and confused on why this is happening and how I can fix it. Any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance.

You don't say how old you are but is it possible that you have grown or are growing taller?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

The Shaposhnikova Skills in the 2025-28 CoP

Back