Parents good week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
My older daughter, who for awhile didn't even "feel" like going to practice, had a great week. She finally got her giants (I think it's been over a year!), which she is feeling really good about. She is almost doing tsuk's on her own and beam and floor are feeling good. The first meet is this weekend. She opted not to sign up because she wasn't ready. However, she is feeling much more confident and looking forward to the next meet!! Her sister will be competing on Saturday so she can go watch and hopefully that will also help psych her up for her own competing.
I know I am ready for the competitions, but then again how hard is it for me!!

Good luck to your younger daughter. Sounds like your older daughter is well on her way to being ready - it always feels good to get your new skills down. Hope you all do great.

Great job! So getting a giant is like getting a kip for L5? Guess there is always one skill to struggle with at every level. CONGRATS on your DD for her perseverance (did I spell that right?) and making the most this week in practice. Maybe she knows it's crunch time and really has her heart/mind of getting ready for her first meet!

It is so great when all their hard work pays off and it comes together, especially when they have struggled with something for so long. Congrats to her, giants are huge. I would never have the guts to try that. Sometimes these girls forget just how amazing they really are and that most people will a) never be able to do the skills they do and b) would be to scared to try. LOL.

Good luck to your little daughter this weekend at her meet!! And I hope that your big daughter gets psyched up for her meet and can keep having some good weeks for awhile. :) Gymnastics definitely teaches patience, hardwork and how to deal with frustration.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back