Parents Gym closed for a week and a half.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
The gym is closed this week for a break. We have been up there a couple of times to help decorate bulletin boards etc. The girls are getting restless. It reopens on the 9th for the fall sessions. School starts on the 12th. Meanwhile, every night, we are playing gymnastics. I can't wait for it to reopen. LOL But I'm not ready for the kids to go back or me to go back to work.

Our gym closes for a week for cleaning as well. Typically we plan one outing with the gym friends to a water park to tire them out. We also have a great trampoline place (think Pump-it-up but on steroids) that works wonders for getting out all their energy. It's really fun for grown-ups too.

Link Removed

Our gym closes team classes on May 17th and they begin again on around Sept 4th. There is summer camp, but it is VERY expensive so most girls just do no gym all summer.

They all seem to come back in good health and ready to go!

Our gym is closed for four whole days this week/weekend. Unheard of for our gym! We never get days off. We are looking forward to it so that my older DD's knee can have some time to rest. We're also taking a little vacation while the gym is closed. Funny how life always seems to revolve around gym!:)
Enjoy your break!

:) I took the kiddos to the park for about an hour the other day trying to wear them out, but I just got too hot in this 100 degree weather and full humidity. We swim but honestly that doesn't wear them out. At 9:30 last night, I told Em that I was done watching beam routines and was heading to bed. LOL :)

My DD's gym they have a week off in July every year and they have the day before Christmas until the first weekday after New Years off. I like it, but wish it was a little longer, maybe a week every 3 months or so. DD would prefer it wasn't there at all, but I think her body probably appreciates it. I think that is why gym is so hard on their bodies, it is a year round sport and they don't get much vacation from it.

Very true. I agree that there bodies need breaks. Ours closes for a week at XMAS and a few days in May and this week in August. It refreshes the girls, but it wears me out with their level of activity. LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back