Parents Gym Show

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
My 5 year old daughter had her gym show this week. They did it competition style. They have just begun to learn their floor and beam routines so I knew it would be just for fun.
First up was floor. My dd wanted to do the floor routine for level 3 but they haven't put it to music and the coach didn't know her so she just asked her to do certain elements. I think my daughter was slightly disappointed but still came off the floor smiling.
Second event was vault and they got 2 turns on their hanstand flatback. My dd made it over but they were not pretty. She was still very pleased with herself. All smiles.
Next up was bars. What can I say other than she rocked them. She is so agressive on them and so confident. The whole gym was cheering.
The last event was beam. They definately are still learning the beam routine. She started off well but fell twice. She turned the wrong way in her half turn and fell. She got right back on with smiles. She did a great split jump and fell again but once again she got right back up and finished her routine and she was so proud of herself.
If this is any indication of how she is going to handle herself in competition, then I am really looking forward to this year. She did her best and when she made mistakes, she got right back up and finished. No tears. The show was so cute to watch. There where no scores and everyone got a medal.

It sounds fun! I wish DD's gym did something like this. They have their first L4 competition this weekend (DD not competing), but I was hoping for a mock meet during practice or something. Really I was just looking for an excuse for DD to wear her $200 leotard!

This coach is new, but in past years the teams have always had mock meets. I even thought about suggesting it, but wasn't brave enough.

Our gym did something similar this spring (mock meet). I think it really helped the girls because most, if not all, had not competed before.

Sounds like your dd is quite the trooper! You know what they say, it doesn't matter how many times you fall, it matters how many times you get back up and try again. It's a lot of pressure to be up there with so many eyes on you. Sounds like she did wonderfully and will do great during her competition season. :)

It's too bad she couldn't do her floor routine but it sounds like she has such a great attitude! I bet she'll do great in competitions this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back