Parents Gymnastics in or near Iwakuni, Japan

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Roni Richards

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi. New here. I've tried to search the forums. Forgive me if this has been discussed before and just point me to the right thread.

We are a military family that relocated to Iwakuni, Japan this summer. Our daughter had just promoted to Level 3 when we got orders. She trained winter and spring and moved at the beginning of summer.

There is a rec program on base here which we've joined. I'm wondering if there is anyone with specific knowledge of this area that could help us know what our other options are.

Thank you!

Maybe other military families can chime in for you, but I have experience with Japan in general, and my husband is Japanese.
Does your daughter speak Japanese?
I would guess that in this area any gyms off-base are going to only have coaches that speak Japanese. Even in a big city like
Tokyo, you probably wouldn't have a lot of English-speaking coaches.
If you'd be interested in a Japanese gym, I could ask my husband to search the area for you. But you'll have to feel confident
enough to go in and do all of your business in Japanese.

Thank you! My daughter does not speak Japanese. We've been here 2 months. I have a friend willing to translate so we may visit gyms. I have 2 recommendations near Hiroshima. Would love to find something a little closer. I really appreciate it!

Thank you! My daughter does not speak Japanese. We've been here 2 months. I have a friend willing to translate so we may visit gyms. I have 2 recommendations near Hiroshima. Would love to find something a little closer. I really appreciate it!
That would be neat if you found a gym that had a coach that spoke even a little English, what a great way that would be for your DD to also pick up some Japanese!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back