WAG Gymnastics is a Family Sport

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I think this cutely summarizes how my DS must feel (and probably many parents). It truly is a year-round, whole family consuming, sport. Thankfully, DS at least enjoys the adventure aspect of the out of town meets on the weekends-- we always try to do something touristy. Still ... a little tinge of parental guilt :(

382654_641680722528100_334160301_n.jpg

I saw this on FB yesterday :) I know it's how my DS and my 2DDs feel! Yet all 3 of them are our gymmie DDs biggest fans and cheer her on like no one else at meets.

It at least makes me feel better that all 3 of mine are in gymnastics. At least none of them are blaming the others for things. ;-) Though at this point we do normally still take one trip for summer. This year we aren't; and that is because of gymnastics (starting a new gym as of yesterday AND the girls' routines changing and a short time to learn them made me decide to not take a long trip this summer). But I have already booked a 2 week Disney cruise to Europe for next summer. :-) I even talked to the new gym and they encouraged us to take the trip.

Oh our gym encourages family vacations. My checkbook, on the other hand, does not! Family vacations will have to be to wherever the travel meet is located!

This is too cute, and so true! Summers are a double whammy for us: my other DD is a swimmer, so every weekend consists of swim meets! Our gym encourages vacations, too...but between my daughters' personal commitment to their sports, and our checkbook, we correlate vacations around sporting events!

I can relate! My 2 siblings are always blaming me for these things:) I'm a gymnast, so that obviously takes up a ton of time, but also a swimmer and a diver, so my schedule is insane. And, my siblings' schedule's are very empty, even when not compared to mine! One has golf 3 days a week for 2 hours, and the other has her viola lesson for 1 hour once a week and orchestra once a week for an hour as well as softball 2 times a week for an hour. However, what we've worked out is that my dad and my brother take a minor league road trip every year for a week, and my mom and sister go somewhere as well during a different week. Every year they ask me if I want a vacation, but I'd much rather be in the gym/pool with all my friends:)

I saw this great bumper sticker last night "I have no life. My son plays soccer." I said I need one but change it to "is a gymnast". Sums up my life perfectly these days!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back