WAG Gymternet

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I read the article and the comments.
There was a comment by a man saying that men have to be powerful and girls just have to look pretty. Someone dared him to do something on the balance beam…
That reminded me - at Open Gym Friday, OG and I saw a guy in his early to mid-20s do a BHS and a BT and a side somi on the beam. He did have the little red safety pad over it (but that looked like it was just making it harder because it kept slipping sideways - I guess it wasn't tight enough). He was the one in charge of Open Gym…. of course, he competed Level 10 (Mens) back in 2010-2012 at least. He is now the boys coach at the gym we do open gyms at :)

I do think gymnastics brings some of it on themselves. What other sport puts it's athletes in the sparkliest outfits possible? (Figure skating). College age women wear bows (Simone)in their hair long after just about everyone in the world has outgrown them. (Maybe 3rd grade). For many years,teenagers wore pigtails in such a way that seemed like they were still trying to look like children. JO gymnastics meets give out goody bags with girly items, teenagers in high school spray sparkles in their hair. We all know these kids are tough as nails, and some of the fittest athletes on the planet, but there is a very girly flavor to it all. Even at the low levels many teams have leotards way overpriced because of the bling. I, of course enjoy it. I love watching a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds spray sparkles in their hair and ooh and ah over the goody bags. It is fun.But maybe the masses would understand the athleticism better without all the fuss????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back