Parents Happy tears

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I don't consider myself an overly emotional person, but an email from the HC at our gym got me a little drippy in the eyes this morning. The Xcel team has a two week break in June, but with us moving she knew ODD didn't want to lose any ground, so she suggested that ODD and YDD both do two weeks of rec camp (ODD is also doing a single week of team camp in July). I asked her the cost and if we could break payments up, and she just applied their scholarship to the camp, which I had known from our contract wasn't done. She also said that they weren't charging ODD tuition for July, a goodbye gift, and that they were attempting to move the team awards banquet up from mid August to before our move. ODDs favorite coach also told me the other day they weren't letting her go till she got the skills she wants to master, and they would sleep on the crash mats if they had to. Lol. Overall, I am just so moved at how they are treating the girls as we transition out.

That is INCREDIBLE!!!! See, even if some of the other PARENTS have attitude about ODD "only" being in Xcel, the COACHING staff - the ones that matter anyways... Much Respect there!!!!

I was kinda blown away. This much interaction alone is out of character for the HC (she kinda stays apart from parents mostly) and since ODD has only been at the gym for seven months.. Well, she hadn't even been sure they would even let her come back for the banquet. This is going to lift her spirits up SO high. HC also wrote her a recommendation for an academic scholarship. I am guessing ODD has actually made quite an impression in her short time there. I am a proud- and happy- momma.

That all sounds so awesome!!!
I moved a lot growing up, so I can feel the joy that your daughter will get with such a fond farewell! And although everything they are doing makes you happy, you must be bursting more with pride too :)

That is so great for both of them especially your older DD. Probably makes leaving just a little bit easier. Hope they both have an amazing time at camp

I love it when adults act like children who have nothing but innocent optimism and enthusiasm.

Peter Pan???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back