Anon Help/Support

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (bb44)

Is there any social forums or places where we can get feedback/support outside of current gym.

Background info: Daughter is in Xcell Silver and is basically stagnant. Coaches are “helping” but there’s 13 girls and one coach. She has the drive and desire but I don’t think she’s been pushed hard enough in practices. Just need an outside opinion on the situation.

If you are looking to understand scores, https://izagymjudge.com/ this site provides feedback.

However, there may be a larger issue. If you are not happy at the current gym, I think the first step is to have your daughter write down her goals and what steps need to happen in order to achieve them. Then, ask for a meeting with the coach and your daughter to help her communicate those goals and ask for help from her coach. Most gyms won't allow privates/classes at another gym but they may be willing to help her get more training hours through privates, open gyms, or letting her join another group. When I was growing up, our gym was extremely understaffed at one point, and as a temporary solution, they trained parent volunteers to help watch and critique conditioning stations. It wasn't perfect, but it did help.

If that doesn't help and you are still
unsatisfied, I would look into doing an assessment/trial at another gym. You won't be able to switch right now as it's mid season, but it may help you see what other options are available..

Thank you so much!! This is exactly what we’ve done more or less. So it definitely gives us a piece of mind that we are taking steps in the right direction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back