WAG How long do grips last?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Eekk....should I be worried my daughter has had the same grips for the past three years?! She got them the summer before competing Level 6 and then had them the next two years, level 7 and Level 8! She is now training (and likely competing) Level 9 and still using the same grips!

No clue what brand...they have them at her gym so whatever the coaches like! But they look like the Reisport ones above. Double buckle but not the kind that break in in a day!

She hasn't complained and I'd like to assume the coach would notice if she needed new ones? Or am I wrong there??!

Maybe I should ask?!

I'm a second year level 9 and normally my grips last about a year before they are stretched out too much or beginning ripping. Lots of swinging and pirouetting stretches grips out and leads to them ripping, but your daughter's a level 4 so she should be fine for a while using her grips unless she grows too large for them. We're required to have a broken in back-up pair in our lockers at the gym so if something does happen to our grips we're okay to keep training. I have bulldog double buckle grips.

Eekk....should I be worried my daughter has had the same grips for the past three years?! She got them the summer before competing Level 6 and then had them the next two years, level 7 and Level 8! She is now training (and likely competing) Level 9 and still using the same grips!

No clue what brand...they have them at her gym so whatever the coaches like! But they look like the Reisport ones above. Double buckle but not the kind that break in in a day!

She hasn't complained and I'd like to assume the coach would notice if she needed new ones? Or am I wrong there??!

Maybe I should ask?!

My coach says it's our responsibility to know if our grips are ripping and to get new ones, so I would ask your daughter. I'd hate to hear that she got injured because her grip ripped during the middle of a skill (I've witnessed this and it's quite scary). We always have a broken in back up pair in our lockers at my gym so we're never without grips thank goodness.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back