Parents How to ask for a meeting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Committed

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions for DDs coach, and the coaches here aren't as 'available' to speak to as at our old gym. How should I go about getting a conversation with her coach? I don't want to 'yoo-hoo' from the sidelines!

I REALLY want to know when Suzy will get her kip! LOL, Just kidding! :rolleyes:

Can you email? Or leave a note at the desk? If I want to meet with our coach, I usually shoot him an email askign if we can chat. That or we chat via email.

I always go with email first... Of course I am also terrified of coaches and fear them more than zombies.

I have decided to live in the world of, don't talk to the coaches unless they talk to me first. And I have embraced hiding so they can't find me. I like living in ignorant bliss, it suits me.

I second the recommendation to use e-mail. My other suggestions are 1) be flexible on the time and adjust to the coach's schedule; don't make the coach adjust to you. 2) Try and do the meeting outside of the coach's normal coaching time. 3) Either do it in the coach's office at the gym or go someplace outside the gym; you do want some measure of privacy.

Good Luck.

The only email I have is for the whole business, not the individual coach.

So write a note requesting the meeting and provide your e-mail address for a response. That way you will get the coach's e-mail address in his reply.

You also have to have the right mindset going into the meeting. You are not there to question coaching decisions, just trying to understand the decisions and where things go into the future.

Last edited:
I would totally say email as well, but since you don't have that then I would suggest talking to the person at the front desk.

Tell them you are wondering if it is possible to set up a very quick chat with your daughter's coach, that you have a couple of questions. Then ask how the best way to do that is. Ask if you could leave a note for the coach or if there is a mailbox, email or some other way to reach them.

At our gym, the registrar/receptionist knows everything, including how to best approach a coach for success.

Good luck!

As a front desk staff person myself, I would suggest asking them to request the meeting. Be willing to meet after practice, since this is most likely when it will happen. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using ChalkBucket mobile app

One of the rules at our gym for parents is that if you want a meeting with a coach you need to set it up with the front desk. Sometimes they will stop and chat, but mostly are working hard to abide by these rules. We are a new gym, barely a month and a half old, and it makes sense.

Thanks. I asked the front desk, and she told me that I could leave a message, and it would be put in the coaches box. Whether my message will be returned, well, that's the discretion of the coach. I'm not asking for anything but feedback, so I'm hoping I get a response.

I always go with email first... Of course I am also terrified of coaches and fear them more than zombies.

I have decided to live in the world of, don't talk to the coaches unless they talk to me first. And I have embraced hiding so they can't find me. I like living in ignorant bliss, it suits me.

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha you made my night! :):)

That was my mindset when I was in baseball. Do not invite the wrath of coach. Worked for my Gunny too. Don't invite the wrath of Gunny...or he will probably strangle you in the hallway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back