Parents How to make hair ties/scrunchies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm hoping some of the parents on here might have directions on how to make some of the cute, fluffy scrunchies to wear at competitions? I used to watch a parent at dd's last gym make them, but I've never paid attention to "how" she made them. I'm sure it's pretty simple, but any directions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm hoping some of the parents on here might have directions on how to make some of the cute, fluffy scrunchies to wear at competitions? I used to watch a parent at dd's last gym make them, but I've never paid attention to "how" she made them. I'm sure it's pretty simple, but any directions would be greatly appreciated!

don't know if you're looking for a sewn one or a croched one or what but here are some links I have used

Free Directions to Sew Your Own Hair Scrunchies

How to Make Scrunchies | eHow.com

How to make a hair scrunchie | Video « Wonder How To (this one is silly to watch but it does show you in a video)

How To Make A Scrunchie - How To Make A Hair Scrunchie (this one has the sewn one and the crochet one)

Learn to Crochet - Free Instructions and Patterns: Ballet Lace Crochet Hair Accessory - Bun Cover (this is a crocheted bun cover - if you can crochet it only takes about 10 - 15 min to do - if your just learning it takes about 30 - 40 min)

Bun Snood (bun cover for small buns)

Hope that helps.

I don't know if you would like this style but one of the easiest and cutest thing I have seen anyone do is take a regular hair elastic and tie strand of ribbon in knots annd the way around it, it is fluffy looking, and cute, and you just need regular hair ties and ribbon. Most people do it in their team colors. They look kind of like this http://www.schoolbows.com/admin/products/uploads/5115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back