Huge brag!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

DD competed at her state meet recently and ended her season on a high note. She won the AA, Vault, Bars, and Beam. She came in 2nd on floor by just .025. It would have been very cool to have swept all the events, but hey definitely not complaining. I am just proud beyond what I can even express.

I posted some meet reports earlier in the season, but didn't post the last few. She ended up winning AA at every meet and averaged a mid 38 AA. And the best part is that she will be turning 7 in a few months and finally be able to move on to Level 5. I will never have to see a mill circle ever again. Now that is reason to celebrate!:D

Congratulations to your little state champ! Can I be nosy and ask about the age groups? My dd is a young level 4 (6 now, but will turn 7 in a few months, too). How did they break down the age groups for state? Was it only 6 year olds or was it 6 & 7s together? Just curious - we've only had one meet, and they put 6 & 7's together.

Congrats on a great season!

Huge congratulations to your little dd. What a great accomplishment. She can now move on to level 5 with bags of confidence. Wonderful news. Good luck and can't wait to hear how she does after Christmas! And no more mill circles!

Sounds like she had a wonderful season. And way to go on the State Champ. Now onto L5..lol

Congratulations to your little state champ! Can I be nosy and ask about the age groups? My dd is a young level 4 (6 now, but will turn 7 in a few months, too). How did they break down the age groups for state? Was it only 6 year olds or was it 6 & 7s together? Just curious - we've only had one meet, and they put 6 & 7's together.

Congrats on a great season!

Oh that's not nosey, but I'm sure it varies so much from state to state that it probably won't indicate too much to you. Her group ranged from 6 to about 7.5 looking at the age ranges posted and then the next group was 7.5 to 8, etc. The youngest age group had the biggest age range of about 1.5 years with the other groups being a smaller range of about 6 months.

This might sound a little crazy, but as happy and proud as I was for her, the overwhelming feeling was relief. It's hard to describe, but winning every meet is fun to see, but it really adds a lot of pressure. I never realized that as a parent until it was my own child. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience. In many ways it was much easier to go to meets when I just hoped she'd place on something whether it was 10th or 1st. It didn't matter to her. I don't know that she ever really felt pressure, but I certainly did for her. I never indicated that to her and we never really talked about her meets.

I'm just so thrilled for her to get to compete a level now where she will not be winning and there is absolutely no pressure on her. I think it will be much more relaxing. It will be easier to set goals like actually getting over the vault table, making connections on bars etc.

I do have to say that she had a stellar practice last night and she made the comment to me last night that she felt so proud of herself from her meet that she just wanted to go and work harder than ever. I've never heard her have any real drive or motivation so that was an interesting change.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News