Parents I hate 1:30 march in times

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gwenmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I'm never quite sure what to feed DD for lunch I want something that will give her energy but won't weigh her down. We have a two hour drive to the meet so it has to be portable in a cooler too.

Any suggestions?

How much does she usually eat? I often give my DD yogurt + fruit + nuts before meets - they travel pretty well. Usually she gets a Boost (High Protein), too. DD typically isn't very hungry before meets (too anxious), so it's a struggle to get her to eat anything, really. So when I say this, the reality is she often drinks a Boost and eats about nine almonds, approximately half of her yogurt, and 2/3 of a banana. Then she chows down afterwards as she's instantly starving. ;)

Good luck!

I would LOVE 1:30 march in times...rather than the 6 p.m. Sunday/2.5 hours away start times, or the Friday 8 a.m. start times ;).

I try to pack some protein, dairy, banana, nuts/trail mix. I wouldn't worry if she won't eat much - she'll eat after the meet.

I love afternoon march in times too! And, I feed my child whatever she will agree to eat as often she doesn't want to eat much until afterwards.

That is my favorite time to start! Friday at 8 am is quickly becoming my least favorite - although it is nice to have the meet over and the whole weekend remaining.

1:30 is about as good as it gets! Wake up at a comfortable hour, eat a normal breakfast, have a normal/slightly early lunch. 8:00 is no good - too early. 10:30/11:00 is no good - runs through lunch, so have to squeeze in a good sized snack after breakfast. 3:30 is no good - runs through dinner, so have to squeeze in a good sized snack after lunch. 6:30 is just about hateful on the part of the meet organizers - it is dinner time, and you won't be getting out of awards until nearly 10:00.

We've got an 8:00 start next Saturday. Nice to be first and done for the weekend, but my DD won't be happy about the early start to the day! I kind of think a 1:30 would be great! They all have pros and cons...except for sunday @ 6. That is pure con through and through!

A small turkey sandwhich would travel well in the cooler - protein and carbs. Apples are great for energy boost. Granola bar. Crackers if nervous stomach.

Will she eat hard boiled eggs? Those travel well in a cooler. Also, gives her a good amount of protein to keep her fuller for longer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back