Parents i now its complete normal but...

• Thread starter Thread starter guest301
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
G

guest301

ok, i saw this a lot in the past and now i am wanting to figure out why this happens. my dd has only 2 kids in her class including her. so i can only observe 2 but that is still enough for me to wonder about my question. ok starting with my dd. she had her backbend stand up on the cheese mat ghis week, and she did it on the floor easily. now the next class past and she could do stand ups from the mat but not on the floor. and that is about 1 time out of 4 on the mat. why one day when she got it she could do it so easy and 100 % and next class and later they cant?
same with her friend in her class. 2 months ago she did pullovers all the time with no mistakes all class lonG? Class after that and even now she is not even close?

why is this happening that during a class they learn new trick, doing with no mistake and with ease, but later they cant? even 2 months later her friend cant...

It could be a lot of reasons. Just not really trying that day, feeling goofy and not focused, just not remembering exactly how they did it last time, maybe not in the mood etc. It's just part of gymnastics. I've learned generally to expect that when DD does a new skill that it won't be there the next time she has practice. She'll get it some, miss it some until after a while she completely has it. I find that when she wants to get something really bad she'll do it very well and very quickly, but then will go through a short phase of that skill being old news and she'll lose it for awhile.

Yeah, wait until you have to sit through weeks/months of having a kip, losing a kip, having it almost back, losing the kip, having it with a two finger spot, losing the kip, kipping with bent arms, ad nauseum.

Yeah, wait until you have to sit through weeks/months of having a kip, losing a kip, having it almost back, losing the kip, having it with a two finger spot, losing the kip, kipping with bent arms, ad nauseum.

I am so glad you said t his. My son followed this pattern, but I remember learning it, and then it was there....like always. I am thinking it was my total love for bars, but tbh, I was getting really frustrated with my son.

Oh, and gymnastics is a marathon, not a sprint. It will come!

I think a lot of the time gymnasts achieve something then the next session they think 'ooh I can do it now' so start rushing. Especially with something like the kip which is all about timing!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. My DD does this too all the time (achieves a skill then loses it). But its very exciting when they do a new skill for the 1st time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back