WAG It Happened in 2013!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
I went to post in the the other thread like this and realized it was the 2012 version and we needed an updated one!!

Well so far this year, I've managed to FINALLY connect my highbar kip to back hip circle, I got my long hang pull-over, my front-handspring front tuck into the resi, back walk-over on medium beam. I think that's it, a pretty productive year so far!!

My Goal for this year is to get my handspring tuck on floor! I have a beautiful tuck (Or so I've been told) but it's a major fear for me, so I wanna get it consistently on my own. Also my back walk-over and back handspring on beam!!

I'd love to hear everyone else's!!

I have started taking my FHS to floor and have even stood up once! Also transitioning my front tuck to floor like surface (resi pit with 4 inch mat to land on). Pretty comfy with FHS vault with mini tramp. Working spring board drills for it...gotta conserve the knee.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Goals achieved: I achieved my flyaway, sole circle, good front handspring front layout & BHS with the beam pad.

Random goals for this year: BHS on high beam, flyaway layout (so close!!), twisting handspring layout, giants (this is a biggie) & start working on either a front front vault or tsuk... I'm tired of handsprings and twisting!!

I got my RO BHS BT on my own on the tumble track. Some of my goals are: get it on the floor, cartwheel on high beam, better kips, flyaway.

For my DD: high beam back walkover, flyaway, FHS-FT, BHS-BT.

Her goals for the summer (as far as I can pick up from our terrier-like conversations rides home): BHS on beam, giants, tsuk, full. She is also hoping to compete the new L7 next year (mom is skeptical).

I started doing tsuk timers into the pit (granted it's tumble track vaulting but whatevs) and they are SO MUCH FUN. Next week I am going to take the mini tramp and go over the trainer instead, so I have more height and possible be able to flip it. I can feel WHERE I need to flip. So maybe the same thing will happen with my fly away. I can never feel WHERE to flip

So this year DD had a good year finished 3rd AA at state and placed top 5 in everything! The skills she got were front hand spring step out front handspring, roound off back handsrping back tuck, back walk over on beam and flyaways and free hips on the bars. A good year.

Her goals for next year are back walk over - back hand spring on beam, hopefully back handspring-back handspring as well. On floor it is front hand spring front tuck and round off back hand spring back layout. On the bars the big one is giants. She got to do them for first time on the strap bar last night. So fun to watch. The look of concentration on her face was intense! Vault I have no idea. I believe the coaches goal is to have her compete new L7 if she gets her giants. From watching last night I don't think that will be a problem.

I had the best night ever at gym tonight! Did my first ever EVER handsprings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did them running up on the floor and landing on the pit mat. I was so excited I leapt around the gym probably looking like a grinning idiot. I'm lucky enough to have a coach again this year and she's been giving me handspring drills, then finally tonight I tried the real thing. Words cannot express how amazing I feel to have done this new skill!

Now I have to work on my giants release moves salto on vault full twist on floor back handspring back tuck on beam for elite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back