Parents It's been a long time...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
B

Billy

and life has been really, really crazy over the last several months. The terrible economy made gypsies of us for awhile but we're back home now and settling in to "normal life" (whatever that is!). And while I haven't posted much, I have been reading and lurking. It sounds like the CB girls are doing great!!!

Luckily, my children are no worse for wear from the last few months and Boo has managed to maintain her gymnastics, in spite of it all. She spent just four months training level 6 (what an insanely tough level!) and had to compete in Texas, of all places (talk about compounding the difficulty!). She did well. Not spectacular, but okay. She qualified to South State Championships and placed 7th on bars and 8th on beam. And, while she didn't make it to States, she was named "2nd alternate" (basically 12th place).

But now we're home and I have an 8-year-old level 7 on my hands. Boo is also already well on her way to having all her skills. She still needs to get her kip cast handstand ("it's sooooo close" she tells me), her layout on floor (which she can do with a spot) and the back handspring on beam (which she got on the medium beam yesterday). She'll get to pick out floor music on Monday, too. Once again, she has a very short time to prepare as the season starts in January. It should be fun, though. Boo has been looking forward to optionals for a long time.

For those that are interested, I have kept the blog and our You Tube channel updated.

Hey Shawn, nice to see you around. Sounds like Boo has had a great learning experience in Texas and it will only make her stronger for L7. She is a very talented little girls and I am sure all of the L6 toughness will help. I have heard Texas is a very tough State for gymnastics.

Glad you and yours are safe and home, your older kids must be thrilled to be back with their friends.

How is the homeschooling going?

Congrats on the beam BHS, that is huge and is a great confidence builder.

Hey Shawn--good to hear from you. Wow--sounds like Boo has had an exciting and adventurous year! Regardless of making it to States or not, Boo should be incredibly proud of herself for all that she has accomplished in such a short time--not too many gymnasts can say that. She looks really good in the videos and has really matured into a beautiful gymnast (love her long lines). She is gonna have a blast with optionals. Dani is starting her optionals this year (it is level 5, but the Mason Dixon League starts their optionals earlier than USAG) and her routines look really good. Dani isn't a big tumbler or high flying risk-taker, but she has a lot of strength and flexibility that makes for some interesting and cool moves and skills on beam and floor. Welcome back and can't wait to see more from Boo!!!

Hi Shawn! Glad you all are settled again!!! That is a huge stress lifted off your shoulders. Nice to be able to move back to familiar surroundings. We loved Boo's video! She rocked that meet! Glad that she is excited to be back at her old gym. Sounds like she is just thrieving as a new level 7. How exciting! Can't wait to see her new routines!!

Nice to see you around here. I am so proud of Boo and we love watching her videos. She has come sooooo far sooooo fast. LOL. I am sure she will do well at L7 and hope she has a lot of fun picking her music and getting her routines! Can't wait to see it!

Congrats to Boo new L7!!!!! Can't wait to see her L7 videos!! She is awesome!

She's going to love optionals--so much more fun than compulsories! Congrats to her for a great season--during tough times too!

Welcome back! ((HUGS)) Yikes, I thought my life style was crazy but you win hands down for your big move back and forth. CONGRATS to Boo on L7, that is HUGE! She must be so excited to be able to *not* have to do compulsary music anymore. We already hate the new L5 music, UGH, and still have til January to listen to it. Hope as life settles down for you we can see you here more often, I've missed your posts!

Hey I have been following Boo's Blog, she really had a great level 6 season considering how tough it must have been in TX. Good louck with level 7--please send your daughter's bar fairies up to WI. We can use the help on level 5 bars. Especially the squat on and the jump to the HB.

Barb

Hi there, it is so nice to see you posting again! My dd and I both love watching your dd's videos. She is the bars queen! Can't believe she is a L7 already...that was sooo fast! I'm sure she will have blast with the optional routines. My dd can't wait for that! Good Luck to her!!

Thanks, guys. It's nice to know someone out there is reading and watching. ;-)

Hi there. We watched some of your videos on You Tube. Your dd has come a long way with her gymnastics in a short amount of time. It's really amazing. Congrats on moving up to L7 now. That's huge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back