Off Topic Japan Earthquake and Tsunami

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

marie83

Coach
Judge
Reaction score
Terrible terrible news. I'm sure you will have seen the news, but just in case. A 8.9 magnitude earthquake has hit Japan, causing a tsunami which is higher than many pacific islands. The tsunami warning is for the entire pacific basin. The earthquake has also affected a nuclear power plant.

Already a ship carrying 100 people has been swept away and at least 44 people reported dead with many more missing. My thoughts are with those affected. Some of the pictures are just shocking.

I heard about his when I woke up this morning. How devastating! I have family in the Philippines so since it is all islands they are probably at great risk of the Tsunami as well. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

JUst got up, school cancelled here due to rain.

My son was in Japan last year and we have friends there, this is very scary and the impending tsunami threat is horrific. Hope any of our members are safe and those in the path are heading to higher land.

I have heard from our friend and she is fine, but things will not be good.

We're stunned. I've got cousins in Japan who we've not heard from yet. My thoughts are with everyone who has friends & family who are or may be effected.

I was watching this, this morning. Horrific news. So so sad. I pray for all of those affected by this.

Most unfortunate incident, never imagined that nature will curse like this.My heart goes to the members of immediate families who lost their lives.I pray for their souls rest in peace.

My uncle was with the military over there (hes from USA but sent over there) he has a wife and 3 kids under 2 there right now, its scary we havent heard from them so now its a waiting game on if they are alive or not, good news is my grandma hasnt gotten that knock on her door to tell her they have found them dead!

Earthquakes are horrible :(

@gymnast4life94
Gosh hope they're all okay! (there isn't a nail biting emoticon)

I've just been through an earthquake too and I know quite a few people with similar stories. My school principal's husband is (presumably) dead, and some people from my school died (younger than me!). Also a family at our club lost their mother. Its quite a tragic story because she was texting and calling for more the 12 hours after the quake, and then they never heard from her again. Really, really tragic.
Seeing the pictures and footage coming from Japan really is quite heart breaking, and all those stories are like Deja Vu to everyone I know.

To all those in Japan, we are thinking of you. xoxox

My heart and prayers go out to all of the people who are devasted by this tragedy. It is times like these that people need to rally around each other.

we have heard that they are all ok from my family but shaken up, we havet been able to hear their voices again so it is getting kinda scary. They have been told they are getting out soon do to the radiation and having little kids so they should be here in a few days to a week! but it is still a scary waiting game, we sometimes wonder if they really are ok!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back