Parents Just thinking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Ty’s Dad

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Time flies by so fast, just sitting back realizing my daughter has 3 more seasons of club gymnastics (4+ with elite). New parents try not to get caught up with all the scoring and how fast your kid moves up. Because you blink and it will be almost over.

Amen to that. It goes sooooo quick. And honestly you might as well say 2 years left. I think that last year is spent half in the season and half looking forward to the next phase.

When I look back some of the stuff I worried about and focused on in the early days seems so silly now. There are compulsory parents at our gym who live there watching and filming every single practice and obsessing over every skill and I just want to tell them to chill out and just enjoy the fact that their kid is having fun.

I feel like we’ve been watching both of your kids since they were babies. Sarah Shire’s mom was on the old gym spot forum and now she’s married, a head coach of the women’s team at Penn State and she has two kids. I feel so old!

A bit of a different angle on this discussion is the downstream effect from the girls that are leaving for college. A lot of these gymnasts have been together for a decade and to see their older friends leave has made for a lot of heartbreak and sadness with our daughter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back