WAG Level 8 beam requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thumper

Proud Parent
My daughter has a missing element or is doing elements that aren’t high enough in level. Her scores are consistently, extremely low. I was a gymnastic myself and I coached up to level 6 for 15 years. I do not know what’s required for level 8 beam. The coach feels as tough something is missing but admittedly can’t figure it out either. Who can I ask to provide me with this info.?

I would be deeply concerned about having a coach who doesn't know the requirements or at the very least know how to find out what they are. That is setting off a huge alarm bell in my head. They should have a copy of the code of points for the gym, and if they're at a meet and have a question about start value, they can submit a free inquiry. There is no excuse for being this late in the season and not knowing.

That said, I believe there is an option to request feedback from a judge on this website: https://izagymjudge.com/

I’d be worried about a coach that didn’t know also. I’m just a parent and feel like I have a decent grasp on the requirements and composition deductions.

If you post the skills in her routine I can probably point out what she’s missing.

For zero deductions you need.
4 As, 4 Bs
B+B flight, plus additional B and A acro skills

dismount needs to be either a B dismount OR a B+A(like round off backtuck)

you need a dance series, 1 with 180 split
Turn
acro in two directions
Only 1 pivot turn
Have to use the entire beam up/down, length

I’d be worried about a coach that didn’t know also. I’m just a parent and feel like I have a decent grasp on the requirements and composition deductions.

If you post the skills in her routine I can probably point out what she’s missing.

For zero deductions you need.
4 As, 4 Bs
B+B flight, plus additional B and A acro skills

dismount needs to be either a B dismount OR a B+A(like round off backtuck)

you need a dance series, 1 with 180 split
Turn
acro in two directions
Only 1 pivot turn
Have to use the entire beam up/down, length
Unrelated to the discussion but wow! You do know a lot as a parent. My parents barely know what a round off is lol, let alone As and Bs. My dad even forgets the names of the events 😭😂

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back