WAG Level 8 Floor Composition Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello Everyone - I was hoping someone could answer a quick question:
Do both of the routines below for USAG WDP Level 8 start at a 10.0 and follow all requirements:
ROUTINE ONE
1) Round off - Back handspring - Back Full (layout position)
2) Sissone - Switch Leap
3) Split Leap
4) Full and a half turn
5) Front tuck - Front Pike
6) Shushunova
ROUTINE TWO
1) Round off - Back handspring - Back full (layout position)
2) Sissone - Switch Leap
3) Front Pike
4) Full and a half turn
5) Front Tuck - Front Tuck
6) Shushunova

Thanks you in advanced to any replies. I appreciate the help!

Hi, I’m a level 8 gymnast! From looking at these routines they meet the basic SR so they would have 10.0 SV but receive composition deductions.

Routine 1 - Would receive .15 (may be .1) composition deduction for not having B+B and B+A for tumbling. Right now there’s is just a B and and A+B so you’d have to change up the tumbling to something like a 1 1/2 to front pike and a front tuck front pike could stay to have no composition deductions.

Routine 2 - Meets the needed elements for a three pass routine, but needs a b salto in the last connection to get no dismount deduction. Right now the A+A would only receive .05 deduction but if you switch the tumbling passes to have the front pike last instead of second it would be fine.

Otherwise these routines seem good, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on anything, just a gymnast not a judge!

Both routines have a 10 start value, composition deductions are below

Routine 1: -.15 (needs to be BB and BA for no deductions in 2 pass routine)
Routine 2: -.05 (needs a B salto in last pass)

Both of these routines meet the SR and enough A and B skills.
As mentioned above, Routine 1 has a compositional deduction for the 2-pass routine having a B and a B+A.

My understanding is that Routine 2 is good. It says they can be in any order and only needs an A in the last pass, but if you're worried, just put the front pike last to be safe.
"FORMULA 1: 3-Pass Routine:
B-Salto in each pass, OR
B-Salto in 2 passes; A+A Direct in one pass"

If the last pass in fact doesn’t have to be a B then there is some incorrect info on reference cards on the NAWGJ website.

If the last pass in fact doesn’t have to be a B then there is some incorrect info on reference cards on the NAWGJ website.
The FT-FT is only a 0.05 compositional deduction.

Lol, I was looking at the Special Requirements (has to be a minimum of an A salto in the last pass) and the Compositional Deductions section "Choice of Floor Acro (Salto) ELements Not Up to Competitive Level (Tumbling Passes may be in any order).

I forgot to look at the page with the Floor Dance Compositional Deductions and
Value of Salto(s) Performed as Last Isolated Salto or within the Last Acro Connection Not Up to Competitive Level.

My bad. :oops: Sorry. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back