WAG Level 9 Beam Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnast28

Gymnast
Reaction score
Hey I’ve been working on finding a level nine beam connection as I can not do a backhand spring. My coach and I were thinking side Ariel round off but I’m a bit concerned about that connection as it’s pretty inconsistent and the Ariel is first so if I fall on it I basically miss my connection and take a fall. I do believe that connection gives me bonus. I was thinking about it and that connection is a D to a B. So could I not do a front walkover Ariel as a connection. Or do I need two flights in my connection? Would that give me bonus?

Hey I’ve been working on finding a level nine beam connection as I can not do a backhand spring. My coach and I were thinking side Ariel round off but I’m a bit concerned about that connection as it’s pretty inconsistent and the Ariel is first so if I fall on it I basically miss my connection and take a fall. I do believe that connection gives me bonus. I was thinking about it and that connection is a D to a B. So could I not do a front walkover Ariel as a connection. Or do I need two flights in my connection? Would that give me bonus?
You need two flights or it doesn’t meet SR for series. The side aerial round off would give .2 bonus I believe. I understand how having the aerial first is hard so I would try dive cartwheel to aerial. Make sure the dive cartwheel shows very clear flight or it will not be credited. This connection should be easier as long as you can land the dive cartwheel controlled. Best of luck, I understand how difficult it can be to find a beam series that works!

Not sure on USAG rules but under the current FIG code a 'front handspring step out' is rather leniently credited if done in a moving series usually to front salto. basically most of them are closer to fast walkovers than flighty handsprings.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Mo-Salto Club

Back