Parents Meet fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Flipmom2

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hello,

My daughter is brand new to gymnastics team starting at level 2. Will be paying almost $250 per month for her to attend twice a week which I am fine with. Being told have to pay additional $250 per month to cover 8 meets = $2000 over 8 months. Asking for money up front blindly as I have no idea if she is good enough to compete yet. Half of these competitions take place at the home gym. Is this normal?

My daughter is also level 2. We have 6 meets about 1200 in fees. We pay almost 400/month for 8 hours/week.

At the gym I worked at, being part of the team means agreeing to compete. For us, team fees were close to that in price and covered the Leo, warm ups, meet entry fees ($75-150 per athlete per meet), and covered the costs of paying the coaches to be there.

My daughter is brand new to gymnastics team starting at level 2. Will be paying almost $250 per month for her to attend twice a week

How many hours per week?

Being told have to pay additional $250 per month to cover 8 meets = $2000 over 8 months.

This would be on the high end if 1/2 of the competitions are in-house competitions.

That sounds very high for level 2. How many meets? Have you seen the breakdown of costs? Each meet entry is around $100 so if you go to 8 meets- that's 800 of the costs. If it's a small team, then unfortunately, the coaches pay, per diem, travel, etc. will be spilt among just a small group so everyone's costs are higher. If it's a big team, I would ask to see a breakdown. For reference, our level 2s go to 8 meets ($800ish) and then their shared costs for coaches meet pay, training, usag membership, attire, mileage, food at meets, travel etc. is about $400 for a total of $1200. Optionals (L6-10) pay about twice that because of more travel meets and required camps and higher coach pay at meets.

This is not including $400 leotard and half of the meets are at our local gym. I’m not sure if they give food but definitely not travel.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have no idea if she is good enough to compete yet". If she is officially on team, she will compete.

When my daughter was in level 2, we paid $250 in monthly tuition (6 hours a week), plus an additional $2000 for meet fees (6 meets) and uniform.

There are 8 meets which seems like a lot for a 7yo. The new girls just started and they need to be evaluated and it will cost me $500 a month. Based on these responses, this seems to be the norm. Thanks

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back