WAG Moving from wag to disability

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymminit

Coach
Proud Parent
Reaction score
hi, After some insight into the eligibility for disability. My daughter is 13 and has been competing county level. She has been entered for regional levels next month but was recently diagnosed with autism. Competing disability has been mentioned but then I saw that if you’ve competed at regional level you become ineligible. Is this the case? Seems unfair if it means that if she competes at this comp she won’t be able to go on to compete in disability when we were unaware she was eligible before? She will never compete at high level, she’s always had natural talent but it’s takes her a long time to learn.
I would understand if you couldn’t compete disability and regional together

Any advice or insight greatly received

No insight but I suppose they think that if you can hold your own in regional levels you don't need to do disability. I know what the rules are though. Things to weigh up. There are very few disability competitions. There are relatively few disability competitors at the British. So if she went down that route she would have less competitions per year but a good chance of getting British championship medals. Depends what she would rather do, more comps or the chance to compete at the British.

Reactions: sce
Thanks Jenny, they only do county comps anyway so 1 individual levels, 1 team, 1 grades. She’s never competed regional before as never made it through to floor and vault team and now isn’t eligible for floor and vault so is first year doing regional level...but she doesn’t really stand a chance. She’d rather have the chance to compete British

Reactions: sce
They can still compete county too when doing disability so wouldn’t be any less comps than she’s doing now

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back