Parents Muscle Pull?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hey CB Friends!

Beetle is trudgin along slowing gaining confidence and skills back after the ankle break.

She Flipped her Tsuk onto a competition height mat with no spot yesterday and today! Yippee. Her bars looks good, she is working on getting 2nd cast up a bit higher but her first and last casts hit handstand everytime.

Beam.. well... again.. flight is a fickle friend... She has not been connecting flight on high beam for the last week.. I, hopefully, have learned that this too shall pass and will be connecting it again in a few weeks..

Floor looks great.. she is working her double fulls and Front Layout/Front Lay outs... her 2nd year of L8 should be a good one.

But we have one minor problem.. she pulled her groin muscle or HipFlexor ( I dont really know the difference) on Tuesday doing bars. Now each straddle or split hurts and each day she seems to reaggrivate it..

She using ice/heat and taking an Advil for pain. She is going to stay home from practice tomorrow to give it a 3 day weekend. Does anyone else have any other advice? thanks in advance

Ice, rest and maybe a nice trip to a sport therapist for some massage, ultrasound etc. That has worked wonders with Bigger Bog before. Usually BB's hip flexor issues have stemmed from tight lower back and IB muscles, so stretching the quads and the side of the thighs has helped her a lot.

Sounds like Beetle is coming along just great and isn't nice that you have hit the spot where you "get" that things do just work themselves out.

No advice--sounds like Bog has some good advice. Just sending feel better vibes!!

DD friend had a similar injury, she did as Bog said ice, rest (do not do what hurts it for 2 - 3 weeks), PT (they did ultrasound and some strengthening exercsie).

Best wishes I hope it is only a small deal. I ams ure she will heal quick. I always think the closer we get to meet time the more jittery they get.

It will all be ok.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back