Anon need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous (e197)
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (e197)

hi so i am an xcel platinum who is training diamond skills but will most likely stay platinum because its senior year and i want no stress. i really need some advice because the group i’m training with is optionals 6-10 and i am the only xcel kid on there. i feel so left out and some days i have panic attacks before going to practice and the girls are just so rude to me. i love my coaches but i don’t have any friends on the team and it makes practice so miserable for me. i hope when school starts it’ll be better because we’ll go back to night practices and i’ll see some of the girls i used to practice with but i still won’t get to practice with them. i don’t know if i should tell my mom about it because i don’t want to cause any drama my last year at the gym. the girls just make snarky comments at me or will judge me for not being able to do a skill and the only thing that’s keeping me there right now is that i simply don’t care because im not doing college gymnastics i just wanted to have a fun senior year

Hi, I get the part about not having friends in the gym I’m in a similar situation, but I would say most definitely if they are causing you to have panic attacks and not enjoy yourself at the gym is best to report that problem or to move gyms, is there a reason you don’t train with xcel girls?

Is there a reason you cant practice with your old teammates?

I think you should talk with your parents and coaches about the behavior of some of your teammates, so there can be consequences for their behaviors.

Would you be happier practicing with a different group? Perhaps you could be a role model for younger gymnasts? I’m sure that would be great for the coaches. We have several gymnasts who practice with a different level for social reasons. It’s worth having a meeting to discuss your options.

Good Luck and have a great senior year!

they said i just am too advanced to stay in the group with all the xcels and they have a new xcel coach who wouldn’t be able to coach me. they wanted me to do level 6 but i said no because i wouldn’t have gotten senior recognition which was something that was really important to me since gymnastics is a really big part of me. we have a camp going on right now and it’s been a little better but i still feel awkward in some situations. i think im just going to tough it out for at least the rest of summer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News