WAG New gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Lynn

Proud Parent
Reaction score
So as I have posted already we are moving and DD will start her new gym mid August probably.

Question is, we have received the events calendar for August and September already and all I can say is WOW!! So many team bonding things, a parents booster event and many other things. Being the "new kids", do we attend all of these ton get to know folks or do we pick and choose? I really would have no issue attending several under "normal" circumstances. But since we will probably be moving just a couple of days prior to practice starting, I'm afraid it will all just be overwhelming for my family. But I also don't want to appear that we are stand offish. If the roles were reversed, I would totally understand if a new family didn't attend all this and may only hit a few here and there. But that's just me.

I would ask the coach which ones were mandatory or which 3 to 5 are the most important and hit those. People will understand the workload that accompanies a big move.

I would ask the coach which ones were mandatory or which 3 to 5 are the most important and hit those. People will understand the workload that accompanies a big move.

Great idea! Thanks! Email sent!

I would definitely try to attend a few but not all. I would contact the gym and see which ones are the most important and go from there.

Sounds exhausting! I would pick the 3-4 that sound most appealing and go to those.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back