New Here....So happy I found you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all, my name is Nicole and I am the mother to a wonderful 8 year old gymnast. Alyssa has been competing for 2 years. She competed last year as a L3 in "fun meets" and this year as an L4. She competes for a wonderful gym in Michigan with an amazing coaching staff.

When I found out I was having a daughter I never considered the fact that she may play anything of then softball. When she was 6 we moved to a new city and I put her in Rec gymnastics to help her meet some new friends. It was love at first try for her and she was quickly moved up to the L3 team. She has made some wonder friends and has grown in so many ways. She has done very well on the bars, beam and vault. She has struggled on the beam. When she doesn't fall she can score a high 8 and has even got a 9.1 however she has fallen on her handstand the last 3 times. Her HC has been working with her on building up her confidence and Alyssa seems optimistic about her upcoming meet (April 9). The only time she whines or complains about gymnastic is when she is struggling to learn a new skill or it is a total conditioning day. I am still learning as I go and am full of questions.

A little about my family. I am 27 and my husband is 30. He is Alyssa's step dad and her dad is very much involved in her life. She usually has the biggest cheering section simply because she has two full families. I also have a son who is 16 months old. My husband and I are both Police Officers however I have been lucky enough to take the past year off in order to take care of an old injury. I will return back to work May 2 which works out well since that is the end of this year’s season for us.

I am excited to have found this forum. My biggest fear is to become one of "those" parents I see at our gym and at other gyms. At least with these forums I will hopefully be able to recognize if I cross the line:)

Welcome! My daughter is a 10-year-old level 5, training 6. I knew nothing about gymnastics and this site has been incredibly helpful!

Hi! Our DDs must have started gym the same time - mine is also 8, a Level 4 and in her second year of competition! Her best event is floor - she tends to score fairly high on that, losing most of her points for lack of tightness (it's an issue for her). Beam gives her the most fear - it has taken her forever to get the L4 dismount! She likes bars, isn't afraid, but has variable success - she can do a great job sometimes, but in every meet so far something has gone wrong and lowered her score significantly. But funnily enough, she's done better at the L4 routine than L3. Her L3 vault was OK, but L4 vault has had challenges with form.

Welcome! This has been a wonderful place and I hope you enjoy reading and learning here. My DD is a 6yo L5.

Welcome! I have a 7 year old L4 who struggles on beam. She is scared of it. She just looks like she wants to get DOWN most of the time. She usually doesn't fall, but she is very cautious. I also have a 10 year old L5 who does ok on beam but thinks it is "boring". ;)

You will learn a lot here. I've been around for what seems like years, and I can always get questions answered here! There are many very supportive and knowledgeable people here. Good luck to her on her next meet!

Thank you guys so much!!! I look forward to learning from and with everyone!!! I have to say I think this sport is the hardest to understand from scoring to training, but hopefully I have lots of years ahead of me of learning!!!

Welcome to the CB. I saw your dd's videos...she is a very pretty gymnast! I have 3 in gym, two boys and a girl. My dd just turned 8 and she just completed her level 4 competition season and is now a level 5. She started gym 2 years ago, too, so it seems like we have 'gymmies in common', lol. CB is a great place to learn and share your stories!

Hi there! I also have an 8 year old DD. My DD is in 'step 3' (in New Zealand) and this will be her second year of competition. Her first competition this year is in May so coming up soon. I am learning a lot here too!

Welcome to the CB. We are glad you found us too..lol. Im sure you will love it here. I am ALWAYS learning new things on here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back