Parents New to CB - Saying hello!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

sk4uf

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hello parents - new here so I thought I'd say hi. My son is 7.5 yrs old, on L4 team and has his first meet in about a month. He is looking good on rings and p-bars, probably about average on the other exercises but always smiling and enjoying himself. I hope it stays that way!

Thanks for the links to Dr. Ali on being a good gym parent - excellent advice and I will be reminding myself of her 8 points regularly!

Can anyone recommend other stickies/threads where a noob like me can learn about the various skills? Oh and the abbreviations used on this board, too?

Thanks! :)

Sean

Welcome! I have 2 girls in gymnastics (developmental program and a level 7) and both my sons have taken classes off and on, although never competed. Glad you joined us!

Welcome! Glad you found us! I have two sons in gym and one DD. You will find lots of great advice and support here!!

Hi, Welcome to CB. There is a sticky somewhere but I will tell you the most common abbreviations are DD, DH or DS for Dear Daughter (or darn, or something else beginning with D).

Welcome! I believe stickys are in the beginning of each forum. Also searches may lead you to what you are interested in learning more about.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back